Saturday 5 October 2013


For the First photo that I edited, was a picture I took at the Scarborough Bluffs area with my family. I liked how the sky blended into the water do to the fog that day. When looking at the photo it made me relate it towards Alfred Stieglitz and Minor Whites photos. It is similar to Stieglitz style of work not only because it is an image of a place, but by looking at the photo it looks as if it was painted(Pictorialism) being able to see the texture of the photo as if it was painted. It was created by adding a film grain texture filter to receive that effect. The photo is more similar to Minor whites Style of photos because it captures an image of nature. Also the lines that are created with the rocks and the clouds give it texture and feel to it. When looking at the image it feels as that day was windy.  To edit the photo I started with adjusting the balance between highlights and shadows then added the film grain texture filter. 
This is the original photo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment